Greetings and Blessings to all of our Cooksville Family,
Because of the COVID-19 virus, things are changing at a rapid pace in our world today. As of this morning, Ontario is considered to be in a state of emergency and there have been stiffer restrictions placed on the gathering of people.
As a result of these new restrictions, and with consideration to for the safety of our community, we have prayerfully decided that:
ALL ACTIVITIES TAKING PLACE AT COOKSVILLE UNITED CHURCH HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The first message we would like to pass on is, ‘Don’t panic.’ As a community of faith, we will work together through this crisis and help each other and those most vulnerable, in both our church community and the wider community.
These emergency plans take effect immediately and will remain in effect until Further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and pass on any new or updated procedures as that information becomes available.
If the situation changes, we will reissue the new guidelines via a mass email, and also have a shorter version recorded on our answering machine.
Please pass this information on to anyone who may not receive this email.
This is the current situation:
- Sunday services are canceled until further notice.
- The AGM is postponed until services resume.
- Sunday School is cancelled – although some Activities and Lessons will be emailed to young families.
- Effective immediately, all CUC gatherings at the church will cease. This will include:
- Coffee hour after church,
- Wednesday coffee time,
- Knit Wits,
- Brian and Mardi’s Wednesday evening bible study,
- Men’s Breakfast,
- Ladies’ Saturday Coffee time,
- Soup Sunday,
- Committee Meetings,
- Choir practice.
- Under the present circumstances, there is no reason for us to gather in a group other than for Sunday worship.
- This closure also extends to any outside Groups, tenants, and one time renters who would normally use our space.
What can you do?
- Pray, Trust, Pray! Our God Never changes and we can always count on Him!
- Pray Psalm 91 over your families and nations. “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty”
- Pray against fear, knowing that fear is not from God “For god has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind” 2 Timothy 1:7
- Pray for wisdom for our leaders and protection for emergency responders.
On a personal level we are suggesting:
- Good hygiene helps prevent the spread, not only of Coronavirus, but also colds and flu!
- Wash your hands frequently – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your elbow or a tissue, not your hand. Wash or sanitize immediately after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Regularly disinfect surfaces touched, including keyboards, desks and table surfaces, and doorknobs.
- Practice social distancing. Keep one or two meters from people you are interacting with.
Rev. Brian Vickers
Cooksville United Church, Mississauga